Sunday, June 20, 2010

My 21st BirthDave

Hey everyone! I am officially 21 years old, if you can believe that.
For me, this new birthday is more symbolic than practical, seeing
as I've been in bars for such a while now. Still, it was one of the
best birthdays ever. Let's see what I did!

I decided to share a DJ set with Lucha DJ Pat, Jersey
City's nicest human being. Thanks for letting me get
in on this, Pat! This was Wednesday night, I turned 21
at midnight.


Nick Fierro spent the night behind bars.

"Think I'm just gonna play songs off my iPod? C'mon, son!
Everyone knows that you ain't a DJ 'less you spin real wax."

The bar was starting to fill out like a 12 year old girl.
Calder and Owen rolled through. Best dudes to skate
with.
The hour of legalization was upon me.
Birthday love.
The lovely Gynnene Visconti or however the hell you
spell her name.
Ed!
Bro love.
Pat with the truly infamous DJ Bill.
Ron DMC.
Bobby!
Angelo and Panch.
Angelo is probably one of the few dudes I respect who
rides fixed gear bicycles.
Panch is the reason Jersey is so diry. Besties
for life.
Giggles and shenanigans.

The clock had struck midnight, and with a Cape Canaveral
countdown, the entire bar celebrated my birthday. I wasn't
drinking at all prior to midnight, because I wanted to make
it legal for the first time in my life. After midnight, things
really kicked into gear and I was offered drinks by all the
homies, even though I was able to drink for free anyway from
sharing the DJ set with Pat. Oh well!
Like a silk tornado, Spencer blew into Jersey City
flawlessly.
He brought me the best birthday card ever.
Resumed my DJ duties with The Crossing by Big Country.
I had such a blast doing this, I can't believe people
get paid to basically play their music and drink. I really
hope I can get a weekly gig in JC DJing by this time next
year.
Peace to all.
When I turned 20, the first beer I had was a Miller High
Life. When I turned 21, the first beer I had was a Miller
High Life. It's the Champagne of Beers!
Here's the proof. My first legal beer cap.
Zombies!
No, really. Zombies.
Getting late, getting weird.
Zac came through to wish me well! Thanks, Zac.
Calder had to show some muscle.
Nick says closing time! You don't have to
go home but you can't stay here.
But we did go home. A little while back, my friend, Luis,
drew up this contract with Satan as part of a project for
his book making class. Now that I was 21 I was ready to
take on the world! But I thought I might need a little help.
Don't take this next part too seriously, folks.





Yay! All done.

Here come the 4,000 Facebook Happy Birthdays, mostly
from people that I don't know.

Calder and Owen wanted more alcohol. We went to the
Barge Inn, but they were closed. On the way back, we stopped
in back at Lucky 7s where apparently, someone thought it
would be a good idea to kick the window in. Weak.
The three of us went to 24-7 Deli where we ran into my
friend and local pretty girl Candice! We then spent an
hour goofing off outside the deli. That seems to be a running
theme with this blog.
The neon lights are bright on birthdays.
Fixed gear bikes are scary and hard to stop. That's one
of the reasons why I don't like them.
We then all took turns taking photos with the guy at the
deli. Since this was taken, he has asked me for copies
several times.

After this, Calder, Candice, and Owen went back to my
place for some Jameson over conversation. I went to bed
at 4:30.

Maybe I shouldn't say I went to bed, but rather took a
brief power nap. I got up at 9:00 the next morning, wanting
to make the most of my birthday. What a treat! Dora Novak
drove in from Des Moines to visit us all and she stopped by
my place. Calder, as you can see, was still very tired.

Gay ballet photo.
Spencer and Dora left and Calder and I
went to skate at the rink.
Calder came up on a new shirt at JCTC, then bounced.
I came in for something else completely...
Got work done, son! Thanks again, Chuck.
Headed over to Balance to see my other family.
Well there's the sneak peek at the new piece.
Carla hooked it up with some Jameson. Thanks,
sugar mama love.
The best place I've ever been in employed.
Trekked over to the city to go gallery hopping for free
drinks with a cornucopia of babes.
Chiara's got such a pretty smile, no?
The first gallery was creepy and awesome. One guy
just put up pictures of coffins. Note the glasses on the floor.
This dude had some installation of some torn-up cyborg.
It was some real Sky-Net shit.
It looked way... way too real.
"Believe your drank gon' get drunk up."
More homies arrived. Safe to say that I got my fair share
of Spencer this birthday.
Naked chicks with snakes are cool.
At the last gallery, I saw a bunch of pieces by Hiroshi
Senju. I used to babysit his kids! That was such a trip. I
wanted to say hey but he already left.
Closed out the evening by hanging out with my brothers
and Caycee Black and Patrick South.
Mike showed up and iced Kurt and me. This was my
first icing, so it's kind of appropriate that it happened on
my 21st. I get that you look stupid and that Smirnoff is a
really sweet tasting pussy drink, but I don't understand
the fad beyond that. I got a bad stomach cramp. Luckily,
we had the remedy for that...
BOOYAH!
Psyched Mike.
We ate so many burgers and had a marathon of watching
Steve Brule's new show. Check it Out. It was such a perfect
way to conclude such a perfect day.

When I turn 22, I hope you will all join me. I'll probably
drink a 22 of Miller High Life.

Ah, but wait! There's more! The party doesn't stop until
this Saturday, June 26th for a Wyldlife show at Lit Lounge
and birthday celebration. Check the flyer below and I hope
to see you all there!


No comments:

Post a Comment